Skip to main content

Flume WOW Wall

08 May 2015 by 3

What's a flume? Pronounced floom. noun
a deep narrow channel or ravine with a stream running through it.
  • an artificial channel conveying water, typically used for transporting logs or timber.
  • a water-chute ride at an amusement park
As much as we wish we had an amusement park water-chute ride here at Salvage Works, we have the next best thing!  This gorgeous material from an old flume in Central Oregon was first used to transport logs.  Later the flume was dismantled and the material was used to build a barn in John Day.  So this material is on it's THIRD life here at Salvage Works.  The deep, rich stain on the Doug Fir is from decades of rushing river water, running logs to the mill.  Doesn't get more Western than that.
We've turned this material into incredible WOW wall cladding.  Goes up lickity-split!  But here's the deal, it will also be gone lickity- split so if you love it, come get it!  Once gone, it's gone forever.  See you soon!
UPDATE 6/24/15 - All gone.
[caption id="attachment_664" align="alignleft" width="150"]Flume strap WOW Flume strap WOW[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_662" align="alignleft" width="150"]Flume WOW wall Flume WOW wall[/caption]