20 April 2011 by 3Hello Good People of Portland! We here at Salvage Works hope that all is well, and that you all are enjoying the sunshine. Things are ever evolving here at the store, and we have a lot of new inventory as well as a number of events coming up in the next month. We've brought a barn in from Molalla, and the wood is gorgeous! Built in the teens, this barn was made from site-milled doug fir, all at true dimensions, and has been weathered perfectly. Great for all kinds of projects including: shelving, countertops, wall treatments and furniture.
- hundreds of feet of 1x12
- large quantities of 2x8, 2x6 and 2x4
- beautiful barn doors and gates
- really nice 6x6, 6x8 and 3x4
- lots of miscellaneous items!
- a porcelain sitz bath/shower pan from the 30's
- a 5' clawfoot tub
- a huge stack of 4x4 russian spruce; was used as shipping material, and the price is right!
- carriage doorsfrom a 20's garage in Newburg
- 3 perfect enameled green barn lights
- 3 different mantles
- another set of hard-to-find frame and panel garage doors, in rough shape, but worth it!
- tons of 1/2x6 fir subfloor, much of it is cvg
- all kinds of other random goodies!
- we made a fine pastry cabinet for Posies Café
- new batches of beehives and chicken coops
- an excellent shop extension built by Matt!
- some great workshops including: Tool sharpening with NPTL and 3 great beekeeping workshops
- We are now now official vendors of indow windows
Again, there are lots of events over the next month, including:Third Thursday in Kenton (this week) Thursday April 21st 5pm-8pm Featured art at Salvage Works: Tripper Dungan's magical 3-D folk art paintings on salvaged wood. Count on yummy snacks, drinks and the ever-glowing fire pit. Contractors' Bar-b-que (details to come) If you're in the trades, look for an email soon. Kenton Street Fair Sunday May 22nd 11am-7pm In the heart of the downtown Kenton commercial district on North Denver Avenue and adjacent streets between Schofield & Willis. Come see us soon!